- How do I run HandyLauncher?The installation program for HandyLauncher will run it automatically for you and the default options will register HandyLauncher to start with your system every time you SoftReset your device.
If you exit HandyLauncher, then you can run it by tapping on its icon in the "Programs" folder, that’s StartMenu->Programs->HandyLauncher.
- How do I use HandyLauncher?
Once HandyLauncher is running, it installs a small icon at the bottom of your today screen, to use HandyLauncher, you just need to tap on this icon to bring the menu up (or tap-and-hold to bring the second menu), once the menu is shown you can select the program you want top launch and HandyLauncher will run it for you.
- What is the difference between the two shortcuts ("HandyLauncher" and "HandyLauncher extra")?HandyLauncher allows you to have two different menus, each one of the can be configured separately, to bring the main menu then you need to use the first shortcut and to bring the second menu you'll need to use the second shortcut.
- How do I go to HandyLauncher options?
Bring HandyLauncher's menu up by tapping on its icon, then tap on the (opt) at the header of the menu.
- How can I use HandyLauncher without going to the today screen?
You can assign HandyLauncher to a a hardware button, every time you press on this hardware button the menu will be brought up.
- How to assign HandyLauncher to a hardware button?StartMenu->Settings->Hardware Keys
Select the key you want to assign to "HandyLauncher" (or "HandyLauncher -extra") from the list, and search for "HandyLauncher" (or "HandyLauncher -extra") in the drop down list, then tap OK.
- Can HandyLauncher display its icon at the top bar?
HandyLauncher by itself can't display its icon at the top bar. However, HandySwitcher (our best selling Task Manager) has the ability of displaying a shortcut to HandyLauncher at the top bar (so the icon is visible all the time).
- How can I exit HandyLauncher?
Go to the options dialog, tap on "File" menu item at the bottom and select Exit.
- How can I change the icon displayed by HandyLauncher?You can design your own icon (to fit properly with your today screen).
The icon has to be in a bitmap format (.BMP) The size for the QVGA device is 16x16 pixels and for the VGA devices 32x32 pixels and the color RGB(255,0,255) is the transparent color.
You can set HandyLauncher to use your new icon from the options dialog where you have to turn on the custom icon feature and specify the location of your image.
- How do I close HandyLauncher's menu without using any of its functions?HandyLauncher is designed so that, if you tap on its icon the menu will appear, if you tap again on the icon (while the menu is displayed) then the menu will be closed.
- How do I change the name of the menu?The default names for the menus are "HandyLauncher" and "ExtraLauncher" those names appear at the header of the menu.
To change any of the you'll need to go to the options dialog.
Now from the top drop down box (beside the "Menu Name" label) select the menu you want to change its name then tap on the [*] button beside it.
Now you can enter your new name for that selected menu.
- How do I remove items from the menu?Go to the options dialog and select the menu you want to work with.
Now in the menu items section you can delete or disable entries.
by ticking the check mark beside the shortcut name in the men u on or off, you select to enable or disable the appearance of this shortcut in your menu.
If you want to delete the item totally then select this item and tap on the [-] button to delete it.
- How do I add new shortcuts to HandyLauncher?Go to the options dialog and select the menu you want to work with.
Now tap on the [+] button to add a new menu item, select if you want to add a separator or a shortcut. If you select to add a shortcut then you need to specify more information.
- Name, the name that appears in the menu
- Target, the program itself (or a shortcut to it)
- Cmd. Line, any extra information you want to pass to the program as a command line (this is an advanced option that you don't need to worry about it).
- Orientation, the orientation you want this program to be started in.
- How does the "orientation" for shortcuts work?HandyLauncher allows you to choose your preferred "orientation" for each program (you have to have Windows Mobile 2003 SE or later for this to work).
You can select from ("Landscape", "portrait" or "Use current")
If you select "use current" then nothing is going g to happen when you ask HandyLauncher to start this program, if you select "portrait" or "landscape" then HandyLauncher will make sure to switch your device's orientation to your preferred one before starting this program.
- Does HandyLauncher maintain the orientation for the running programs?No, HandyLauncher can only adjust the orientation before running your programs, once the program is running HandyLauncher doesn't have any control anymore.
- How can I modify the order of the programs displayed in the menu?You need to go to the options dialog and select the menu item you want to move and tap on the [up] or [down] buttons to move this item around.
- Tap brings the 1st menu and tap and hold brings the 2nd one, can I change this?Yes, you can make it the other way around through the radio buttons in the options dialog.
- Does HandyLauncher allow shortcuts to programs only?No, HandyLauncher allows you to have shortcuts to anything not just programs.
You can have shortcuts to documents, movies, songs, ...etc
When you create a shortcut for a file (not a program) HandyLauncher will ask the operating system to launch the default program associated with this file type (i.e. if you have a shortcut to a word document and launch it from HandyLauncher, Then Pocket Word will launch with this document opened).
- Can I create shortcuts to folders?Absolutely. Just type in the full path of this folder in the target section.
For example a shortcut to the games folder (in the English Windows Mobile) would have the following in the target,